Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Rare Footage of the Polar Vortex

A lot of people are wondering what the polar vortex looks like. They go on tv, listen to the radio, or surf the internet and see something like this...



Or maybe the extremes of this...


(That is the lovely driveway that my husband and I shoveled 4x throughout a 48hr period, and then my wonderful neighbor pristinely cleaned the last few inches with his snowblower so I wouldn't have to be out in the negative degree weather-- so blessed!)

But, I think you'd be hard-pressed to see this side of the polar vortex. What happens when a mother is unable to unleash her children outdoors for the second day in a row.

All of a sudden, this innocence...

 (sweatshirts are on, because the downstairs was not quite able to keep up, so it got down to 62, until mid-afternoon when it slowly crept back upto 70)

 (bittersweet desire to be outside... to shovel the snow and be 'Mommy's knight', but not lose his hands to frostbite...)

... unleashes a destructive vortex of it's own in a matter of hours...





Thank goodness warm(er) weather is on it's way.

I think Callum agrees.


No comments: