It was finally warm enough to head out today. And since the polar vortex (or our children) killed the van battery and I'm roughing it one more day alone- well, we just had fun playing outside. To say the boys were dying to get outside would be the understatement of the month. Even Aiden, who normally doesn't last too long outside was out there a good three hours. (Don't worry, I rotated gloves :)
Liam prayed that there would still be snow tomorrow for him to play with. Even with it currently raining as I type, I'm sure the snow won't be gone anytime soon.
Gotta love the icicle popsicles :)
I told the boys I'd take them for a couple laps around the yard before I went back in to finish feeding Callum.
The older boy was super "discited!" (for some reason he always says "dis" instead of "ex")
The older boy was super "discited!" (for some reason he always says "dis" instead of "ex")
The other would not give the sled the time of day. Probably didn't trust me.
After I told Liam I had to head indoors, Liam asked Aiden if he wanted a sled ride.
Apparently Aiden didn't trust Liam either. He'd rather eat snow.
So Liam showed me how to make a one-legged snow angel.
Aiden decided that was a better idea then sledding.
No, the wings never got any bigger.
How pathetic is this? Liam was so sad he couldn't pull anyone around, that he was forced to pull his bear, Six.
Who, btw, Auntie Katie, was cold-- he doesn't have a winter coat...
So after seeing the pathetic scene outdoors, I went and grabbed the baby snowsuit.
My victim has a happy face. Even when he is immobile from the snowsuit. He didn't know what was coming to him...
One of the only pictures of him upright. It didn't last long. I was afraid he'd fall out.
I love this little caravan :)
And he's still smiling. Even after Aiden patted him on the face, leaving behind residual snow from his mittens.
I don't think this kid knows how to not smile.
Aiden wanted his "baby" in there too.
So two babies went tobagganing.
Yes folks, the kid is actually laughing. Unbelievable.
He still wanted to be outdoors, but I brought him in-- he didn't want to wear mittens, and I didn't want his hands to get cold. And he needed a nap.
Not wanting to be outdone by his baby brother- and realizing, his older brother could indeed be gentle,
Aiden tried out the sled-- backwards!
Aiden tried out the sled-- backwards!
Pulling Liam didn't work out so well.
After they were done sledding, they tried out "boating".
Love these boys-- especially when they play so well together!

No comments:
Post a Comment