That's how I feel. :)
My mother-in-law sent me a birthday card in which she said she thought about what to get me for my birthday, and decided the two things I love most, food and relationships, you couldn't send in a package (although my mother did send me a box of Belgian dark chocolate truffles... yum!). She has figured me out though. But I was definitely gifted both yesterday by my God above, and through all those around me that He has so graciously and abundantly blessed me with in my life.
It was a great birthday-- low key and almost non-existent on a crowd scale (with the exception of the church singing to me Wednesday night, but thankfully the culprit {ahem, Jamie, ahem} waited til most the crowd had left, which made it not near as embarrassing!).
A few highlights...
- It began with a little blessing from God and Callum... he only woke up once during the night (around midnight) giving me 6 straight hours... praise God!
- Liam snuggling with me in bed for a short bit before he announced that we just had to get up, or else we would sleep right through my birthday and not be able to celebrate and I'd be so sad.
- Joel met the boys and I for breakfast and surprised me with the Harmon family also being there (even Ben took off work too!). We did miss Jamie as one of her children was sick, but I'm sure she didn't miss the chaotic atmosphere of 5 children 4 and under at a restaurant. And of course we made sure we had a smorgasbord of options... you can't leave without having it all ;)
- Aiden sweetly gave me one of his blueberry pancakes since I was without :)
- The boys enjoyed playing at the park on a brisk, chilly day with their friends, followed by a trip to Costco and TJ's, a couple of my favorite places to take them. I even had the willpower to resist buying another orchid...
- Liam and Aiden picked me beautiful spring flowers (from my backyard...) ;)
- All three were able to take a nap at the same time again... praise God!
- At church it was the monthly dinner and Bible study, and Bev was gracious enough to watch Callum for a bit so I could enjoy the study, since Joel wasn't able to make it last minute.
- Jamie gave me a collection of homemade cupcakes, with an old favorite (espresso) and a new found love (key lime cheesecake), (the third is a yummy cherry limeade that made me remember my sonic happy hour days :).
- I received a text from a sweet friend in Florida who was reminded that it was my birthday (and not even from FB, since I purposely don't have it revealed through there). It was the icing on my virtual cake of happy messages from family, close friends, and my birthday buddy (Tyler K).
Thankful that turning 30 means that I'm one year closer to balancing my age with my grey hairs ;)
I am both loved and blessed indeed.


2 comments:
You are indeed loved and blessed. I enjoy reading every single one of your blog posts. Love you and your precious family so much! Cindy
Guess I owe you some salted caramel cc to make up for the singing :-)
Post a Comment