Friday, July 12, 2013

Bay City and Barbie

Liam was ecstatic to get to visit Barb K for a few days. He is already planning on when we can go back. :) Of course, when his Daddy asked him what he did, he said "I colored.". Joel asked if that was it... "well, I painted too." Haha. After much prodding, he finally admitted that he did those, as well as rode in a golf cart without a roof- twice!, went blueberry picking, and raspberry hunting, went on the swings, watered Barb's garden, played with bubbles, made new friends, played with Barb and Char's toys and had lots of fun... and "Daddy wasn't even there!"

Apparently Daddy must normally have to be there in order for fun to be had. :)

 This is what Liam "packed" into the van while I packed up their clothes, etc. Thank goodness I caught him when he was trying to bring the fan and other random things downstairs :) 
I think I need to teach him how to pack light!
 
 Callum once again did fabulous during our time away from home. He really was only fussy when we were at Russell's. Apparently he doesn't like breezy conditions!

 Barb had lots of cool artistic supplies

 Aiden wanted in on the painting action, though he often ended up painting Barb instead

 Sandy and Liam playing a game of Dominoes.

 Watering Barb's mint. I should've planted my mint in a pot. I have tons of it, and am not supposed to really have it when I'm nursing...

 Showing Callum how to write his ABC's.

 Aiden's favorite way to swing

 "It's more fun to sit on top, Mommy"

 Before lunch, he refused to eat a single blueberry from the bush...

 Our picnic lunch :)

 Aiden on the other hand only lasted until lunch and was -2 blueberries for the day. He was the ultimate gleaner, picking them up from the ground when we didn't stop him in time, and though he donated one to the bucket, he took out three more in the process :)

 Liam's pre-lunch collection!



 Goofing and playing on the swings while we ate our picnic lunch.
On a side note, he told me he had to go potty and Grandpa told him that when there are no bathrooms nearby, men just pulled down their pants and go by a tree. He was getting ready to do just that, but I told him that maybe since we were less then 100ft from the building (and the visible port-a-johns), it might be best if we used those this time. So he got his first experience, and they were "very dirty, Mommy!"

 Blueberry kisses, anyone?!

 Finally eating his first blueberries...

 My little knight constantly wanted to share his blueberries with me, because I'm a princess and knights always help their princesses. :)
We also had a wonderful discussion on good works not getting you to heaven. He told me that since he was picking blueberries for me and helping me, he was going to go to heaven. I told him that God loves it when he is kind, and it shows that he loves Jesus, but that he only needs to ask Jesus into his heart and believe Jesus is God's Son, that He died on the cross for our sins, and is living with God in heaven and waiting for us... that alone gets us to heaven, not the good things we do. And I think he got it. He's told it to me a few times since after he starts off commending himself for a job well done.



 Barb was the official bubble filler :)

 Bubble wands turned into swords before they were told to turn them back to bubble wands. Boys. :)


No comments: