Like I said, it came so fast, I didn't get to decorate for the fourth. But I still wanted to have something patriotic besides the normal barbeque fare of burgers, hotdogs, corn-on-the-cob, beans, and watermelon. So although it weirded out the girls a little bit, my boys got a kick out of my ice cubes. :)
All I did was slice up strawberries and put those and blueberries in ice cube molds with water. It jazzed up the ice water a bit. I thought I had star molds from IKEA somewhere, but all I could find were the fish ones... not quite what I had in mind, so I just used normal squares!
And for dessert, I kept with the red, white and blue kick. I bought an angel food cake (Joel's favorite), but I wanted something fun for the kids. i had seen a picture of watermelon ice pops, but wanted something clear to showcase the colors of the fruit. So I made ice pops with sliced strawberries, bananas and blueberries. I knew they were going to be getting a lot of sugar probably at the Evensen's and didn't want them to have too much more, so I made "lemonade" to hold it all together. It was really more just a lemon water, but they didn't know the difference and were super excited to just have the popsicles :)
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment