I said I'd put up our cottage pictures from the lake.
But it seemed a bit overwhelming tonight, since I have to go through so many. So we are a bit out of order, but how about celebrating graduation first? :)
Yup, he's finally graduated!!
Although he still has to work until the end of June.
We were blessed to have his parents, as well as my whole fam at the graduation last Saturday. I missed most of it, being outside with at least one of my children. But thankfully they announce them somewhat in an alphabetical fashion, and so I made it for the orthopaedic portion. Unfortunately, since I didn't know ahead of time that he would win some posh award for the best research, I didn't find out until I saw one of his attendings at the dinner afterwards.
As always, the food was amazing, with all you can eat buffet stations of salads, pasta and pizza, Italian, carving, Asian, seafood and sushi, a gelato bar, chocolate fountain, desserts and pastries, coffee and tea... and the one my siblings capitalized on most... the open bar.
I also found out how much of a photobooth junkie my sister is.
It was fun to see everyone all together one last time, but sad to know we will all be separating across the country soon. Goodbyes are never fun.
The new program director, spine surgeon Dr. Bono, and the ortho seniors :)
Katie, with the first of many drinks...
The boys were in heaven with their fresh sushi buffet
Danya and her "date", a good friend from OK
One of the hardest working orthos, Yo and his wife Charlotte
The boys played musical chairs...
It was my brother's idea to get them shirley temples.
If you are wondering, no, all that sugar did not sit well with the belly.
My brother loves his in-law so much that he sacrificed watching the game he had been looking forward to (England v Italy) to watch my husband's graduation. But he kept checking the game during the dinner :)
He stole a couple bites of pistachio gelato. I think he liked it...
Linds and I.
My fam.
Joel's fam.
A few of the orthos.
Flashing our signs... it's a tradition.
Their program director for most of their residency, Dr. Linard.
The Prieskorns, the Fritz's and us.
Not sure which dessert run this picture was. We even came back when they brought out "to go" boxes. :)
Aaaah, I love these girls. These two (and Faye) got me through my five years of residency at Botsford.
9 of the 14 ortho residents.
Seniors!!
The "ortho girls". :)
Somehow whenever we are together at a "party", we end up with a picture together... them holding their alcohol and me with my water... Not much has changed...
(and yes, Katie, I will still post the photobooth pics later if you want them... :)

1 comment:
yay!congrats!!!
Post a Comment