Friday, June 6, 2014

Living the Life of a Graduating Senior...

I'm not sure whether it's good or bad, but we've been pretty busy lately. It's helped taken my mind off the house situation a little, but my poor kids are starting to visibly show the affects of such a schedule. Me too, maybe... I just haven't had time to look in the mirror. ;)

Since flying in Sunday late, we had a recouperating day Monday (I think- I can't remember back that far...), but then we had outings with doctors the next three nights. In the words of one of the doctors "we kind of like to do our own thing".

So, Tuesday we went downtown with the Fritz's to their favorite restaurant Giovanni's, where I was waited on like never before. We joked later that if Danya would've asked for the waitress's tie, she probably would have been given it. The food was A. Maz. Ing, and the owner and her son, the chef, both stopped by and talked, telling stories and history etc. The Fritz's have been frequenting the restaurant for 30 years, so they are close friends.



Next, we headed to Milford, where Danya helped me feed and watch the boys play in the barn, catch tadpoles and enjoy a lovely evening at the Prieskorn's, until Joel was able to join us after 830pm. It got pretty lively in their home, but they weren't fazed as they have raised and home schooled their 6 children-- yes, I got tips! Their youngest son also entertained us- he's a national champion jump roper... I didn't even know there was such a sport!






 A lil humor... I was across the pond, when Liam yells to me, "Mommy can I take off my shorts?"
-- he didn't want to get his shorts wet. I just informed him to not go in that far :)





Thursday we were informed to dress "very casual" and expect a "special guest". Danya and I figured it was either a hot new boyfriend for her or a clown to entertain the kids. It ended up being neither. It was supposed to have been a favorite scrub tech, but he forgot he was on call for the night. Nevertheless, it was still a fun evening at the Lennox home as we celebrated everything "Michigan"... from sliders with meat from Slow's Bar-B-Q, to a chiffon cake from Townsend's... even their gifts (shirts and Pewaba pottery) highlighted our years spent here. The children also had fun running around playing ball, and exploring the flowers and hidden paths in their backyard, as well as the many screen doors that led there!






As fun as it was, I'm thankful that my parents are coming in today and hoping to have some "downtime"... we'll see!

No comments: