Yes, its 2 am.
Yes, I'm up.
Yes, I know I should be sleeping.
When talking with a friend tonight, she asked if I really thought God would hand a house to us on a silver platter.
I had never thought about it, but yes, I guess I had.
I'm not saying I expected life to be roses after that. I could feel at peace about a home, and things not to go peachy thereafter. But I did think that God's will for us in this area would have been clear. It isn't.
As I stated in our previous post, there had always been clear direction in my life with all the major decisions. I figured this would be the same. We had 5 houses lined up. We'd see them all, but God would make it obvious which would be our next place. We would know right away.
So I thought.
It hasn't turned out that way. Instead we are still homeless in terms of having a place come mid-July, and I feel like I'm gaining an addiction to Zillow and Craigslist. God may be trying to teach me patience and trust, growing my faith in Him, but I feel like the majority of the time I'm either easily frustrated and irritated, stressed or depressed. It gets even worse when I think that I can't just stay here and evade it all.
I've been reading a book about finding the whitespaces in our lives (more on that in a couple of days) and that has helped a bit.
I dont really have more to discuss... Just wanted to voice my frustration... with disjointed thoughts. At 2 am. :)
So if you have a spare moment you could pray for wisdom in finding a house in the right area and that it will last long enough on the market for us to locate it and put in an application...
And maybe pray for an attitude check for me too... 'cuz I need it.
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment