Saturday, April 2, 2011

Breakfast in Bed

When my husband has a busy call night and doesn't get too much sleep, he tends to sleep in the following morning... not that he wouldn't have done that anyways... :)



Since he treated me to breakfast last weekend, I thought I'd return the favor this morning using some of his favorite ingredients to make his favorite breakfast foods...


So I made him chocolate chip cinnamon waffles and a goat cheese egg white omelette (with fresh chives- the only thing green in a garden I haven't planted yet!). I was actually pretty impressed with the omelette. It's the first time I've ever made one successfully- I think it's probably due to the fact that I used egg whites. :)

And since his alarm clock had been serenading me for the final 15min of my culinary experiences, I decided he probably wouldn't be heading downstairs any time soon. So I brought it to him!

Thus, my husband received breakfast in bed...

... unfortunately, I forgot his fork downstairs. As well as the coffee. And maple syrup. But seeing that food was prepared was enough to get him out of bed!

And since the alarm clock did wake up one other person in the house, he got to enjoy some chocolate chip waffles too... with whipped cream. He was pretty excited, can't you tell?! :)


What a lovely beginning to a day off that we could spend together as a whole family (when the boys aren't napping that is...)

2 comments:

Alesa said...

That look so good!

Alesa said...

that was from me Clint