Friday, April 8, 2011

Kitchen Helper

My son has been wanting to be Mommy's little helper when it comes to cooking/baking (probably because he knows a taste test isn't too far behind!), as well as washing dishes. But it can sometimes really drag out the dinner making process... like when my fajitas took twice as long to make as normal, because he wanted to break apart all the onions and toss them, as well as the garlic and peppers into the skillet (and I had to hold him so that he wouldn't touch the hot skillet, or get splattered by the oil).

So after reading a recipe magazine I get, I decided we would have a fun little session in the kitchen, and make some granola bars. He was all for it, especially since he loves all the ingredients that we used (aka oats, almonds, raisins, honey and peanut butter)! I had to keep telling him not to snitch food from the bowl as he'd stir it. And make sure he usually had a spoon full of peanut butter to suck on during the process.

Unfortunately my camera battery died. But it really was a hoot to watch his face light up in different ways as he experienced all the flavors during the granola bar making process. So I only got a couple of shots. :( And he tried them this morning... and the first thing he told me was "yum". I guess we were successful :)

Multitasking :)

"yum" :)

No comments: