I woke up this morning with different thoughts running through my head of what I wanted to accomplish today, and small errands I wanted to run. And then I looked out the window.
And saw this.
Needless to say, if I had my way, we would've stayed indoors today...
I didn't.
Joel wanted us to come eat lunch with him at the hospital. Liam was game, especially since it meant that once bundled up, I was more likely to let him play a bit outdoors after we returned.
So my dear son was able to once again pull out his snow shovel (besides his Daddy and oatmeal, it was pretty much the topic of conversation this morning in the Virkler household as soon as he saw the snow).
And make snowballs, and run around the backyard while his mother lamented about actually planting her garden EARLY this year and checked her spring bulbs to see if they would weather the snow ok. Liam helped too. :)
I think they will survive, especially since it is supposed to get to the 40s today (unless Liam decides to strip all the bulbs of their blossoms). As for my garden... there is always flower day in downtown Detroit!
And thankfully, I don't think we will get the 3-5inches forecasted for today...
Monday, April 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment