Friday, April 15, 2011

Thomas

One of the MAs gave Joel some tickets to the Thomas the Train Musical that was being performed near Detroit this weekend. He was able to get off of work at a decent time, and after catching a bite to eat, we headed upto the Palace where the show was being performed. I was kind of hesitant at how well Liam would do, especially since this would be the longest he would have had to sit still (90 minutes) and not move around at all... and since he had been talking about trains ALL. DAY. LONG. (That's what we get for telling him yesterday that he was going to see some "choo choos" manana.)

Let's just say that he loved it. :) He clapped his hands, shouted "yay" when the conductor was happy, danced to the music in my lap, and said "choo choo" whenever they had the audience interact. It was so fun watching him light up especially when he saw the trains or the helicopter. I still don't think he knows exactly who "Thomas" is, only that he's a train, which is a good thing, because it means he is still content with the plain jane Ikea trains he currently has.

What a fun evening it turned out to be as a family! And what a blessing moments like these are :)


2 comments:

Miranda said...

So cute! Dakota would be so jealous if he knew. Thomas the Train is a big deal in this house!

J and A said...

I know! The MA gave Joel 9 tickets, and I was like, if only I had advanced notice, I would have totally invited you guys up, because I couldn't think of anyone who would have enjoyed it more then Dakota!

FYI though... Thomas is visiting Greenfield village for a few weeks coming up. I don't know if he does this near you guys at all. :)