Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Careful Man

A careful man I must be
A little fellow follows me
I do not dare to go astray
For fear he'd go the selfsame way.

Whatever he sees me do he tries
Not one thing escapes his eyes
Like me he says he's going to be
This lil' chap that follows me.

I must remember as I go
Thru summer sun and winter woe
I'm molding for the years to be
That little chap that follows me.

(a poem that Joel's Grandpa Bahler
used to pass out to various people on business cards)

To the father of my two lovable, rambunctious boys...

... Happy Father's Day!

Thank you for not only being this careful man described in the poem, but a loving, godly father and role model for our children! You may not be home a lot, as you work hard in the vocation God has called you to do, but the moments you spend with our children are the ones they treasure and look forward to the most each day- and the ones I do too! We love you!!




And it was also a blessing having my father here  for father's day as well! What a wonderful way to spend this special day with the two most important men in my life hanging out with me, my mom, and the boys! We tried to get a picture for the occasion. Yeah, I'm learning that trying to include more then one person in the picture exponentially decreases the odds of success. (out of about 20 shots, these were a couple of the best)... :)